Dream house directly on the beach, only 1.5 hrs from center of Rio
- $ 380 000
- House For Sale
- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 2
- Floor area 240 sq m
- Lot size 1 000 sq m
PRICE: US$ 380,000
• Land Size: 960 m2 (2 beach facing plots).
• Building Size: 240 m2
• 2 Master-bedrooms, with ensuite Bathrooms.
• Large Living area, with open views of Sea from the front, Lake and mountains from the rear, and side views (East view) of the Lake, mountains and Sea together.
• Open planned kitchen.
• Separate self contained Housekeeper flat and Garage.
• No maintenance or condominium fees, low electricity fees (~$50 per month), low taxes (~$350 per YEAR!), self supplying water (rainwater is captured and stored in 2 large tanks) plus a well on the property.
1. Situated on one of the best locations imaginable. Directly on the beach to the front and lakes and mountains at the rear. No other plots can be built at the front or at the back of the house to obstruct the incredible views.
2. 1.5 hours directly to Rio centre, one of the most exciting cities in the world. Now also the main business and Oil & Gas centre of Brazil with Petrobras headquarters located there.
3. The house is located on a large 35km of unspoiled, natural, unfrequented beach; one of the largest inhabited stretches of beach in Brazil.
4. The house is on "Central Avenue" (before the lake) and has the main coach service going regularly (multiple times per day) to Rio Central Bus Terminal, in the centre of Rio. The bus stop is directly in front of the house. Coaches are comfortable, air-conditioned, takes 1.5 hours, and only costs $2 each way (with your residency you can obtain a card with high discounts on Buses, Coaches, Trains and metro).
5. Health and fitness - Due to the exceptional fresh air and clean sea water it is a great place to recuperate if you have stress, health problems, allergies, eczema, asthma, rhinitis (hay fever) or general respiratory problems. Exercise, swim, walk or run on the beach.
Note: the sea can be rough and it is not recommended to swim if you are not a strong swimmer.
- Sea fishing (from your front door!) and Lake fishing (from your back door!).
- Whales and Dolphins frequent the beach.
- 15 minutes from a small friendly Flying School approved by the Brazilian Aviation Authority. 15 flying hours to obtain PPL (Private Pilot License) and 150 hours for Commercial flying license (note: the final test for the PPL are in Portuguese at the moment).
- Horse riding, lessons and cattle lassoing.
- Watching the amazing sunrise and sunset from your balcony.
- Surfing – the nearby town of Ponte Negra holds annual Surfing championships.
- Famous Brazilian Barbeques year round.
7. This is one of the few unknown, unadvertised properties anywhere in the world. Healthy, fresh air from the sea as well as the lake and mountains, a quiet, safe beach property, yet 1.5 hours from Central Rio. Has numerous beach Bars, shops, supermarkets, food delivery service, etc. The nearest beach bar is 5 minutes walk, and is one of the few places where locals go by car, by boat or even by horseback! Marica town centre is only 10 minutes by car or regular bus service (every 15 minutes) directly from the rear of the house.
8. The chic resort of Buzios (pictures attached) is 3 hour from Rio de Janeiro and is a famous weekend destination for the rich and famous. The property prices in Buzios are some of the highest in Brazil. However, Marica has always been underdeveloped even though it is much closer. However, major development is taking place in Marica, with Petrobras moving into the area. Another initiative in September 2011 was that all school children in Marica municipality were given free laptop computers.
9. These developments mean that this house is one of the most interesting properties in the world at the moment. Large double plot on the beach, with beautiful unobstructed views of the lake and mountains at the rear, as well as a direct coach service next to the house to the centre of Rio de Janeiro. Property prices in general are rising rapidly in Brazil, with the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic games, and this property has probably the highest potential for price increase.
10. All the documents are current and approved by the local council and all fees are up-to-date. The house is owned by a British expatriate.
11. Very good rental (large demand from Oil companies are driving up rental prices in the area). Or you have the possibility to develop the land into a condominium, apartments, Health Resort, Spa, large multistory house or hotel.
12. Please read attached “Brazil essential investment guide”.
Compare this price with any other property directly on the beach anywhere else in the world!
- View: Beach, Lake, Mountain, Sea
- Listing status: Active
- Available from: Jun 19, 2014
- Listing #: 6741
- Parking: 2 Cars
- Parking type: Garage detached
- Hot water
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- 1. Beach Line
- Barbecue area
Keywords: brazil, beachfront, seaside, rio de janeiro, beach
Latitude / Longitude: -22.919440 / -42.818610