Farm in Canelones-Uruguay
- $ 678 000
- Agriculture For Sale
- Bedrooms 3
- 1/2 bathrooms 3
- Lot size 680 000 sq m
- Year of build 2006
1) All the land is not contiguous. In the end land is land if you are farming. There is some positive to being one bigger parcel, but for production it is not that big a deal at all.
2) Canelones is a very nice looking town and of decent size.
3) Useability is very high. Possibly 95 % of the land. With this kind of pricing I am guessing if you expand, Expansion may be much easier.
4) I personally think water features are nice. You are also getting some very nice (by Uruguay farm standards) infrastructure there. A house you can crash in if you choose, and storage. If you grew to where you wanted your own implements one day you certainly have that space, or maybe could rent it out for you for a few bucks. I do not advise doing your own grain storage unless you have dedicated labor to look after it, as moisture content of grains is key to quality and price/sale.
5) Land quality is good, very good! I see no reason from what was presented you could not hit at least avge soy yields of 3TT/ha from this land, or better.
6) There is a farmer nearby where I once looked at land he was selling, and then he took it off the market. I expect he would be happy to work your land, or there would be others. I would have no concerns about the actual mechanics of farming here. It will get done.
7) Distance to ports is very reasonable. Distance to the airport is 25-30 miles
- Listing status: Active
- Available from: Aug 17, 2012
- Listing #: 4063
- Lot size: 68 hectares
- Parking: 3 Cars
- Parking type: Garage detached
- Heating System: Other
- Fireplace: Wood
Keywords: farm, farmland, cropland, organic, yields, montevideo, canelones, san jose, punta del este, airport
Latitude / Longitude: -34.454000 / -56.393300