UNIQUE Cottage Style Home in the Caribbean REDUCED!
- $ 174 500
- House For Sale
- Upfront payment $20 000
- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 2
- Floor area 92.90 sq m
- Total square 167.23 sq m
- Year of build 2010
Reduced below replacement! ($205k as of 2012) Asking: $174,500. (updated December 2014)
House 1: Located along the Mopan River situated on 1 acre of beautiful lush manicured land, an agriculturalist dream, in the mountainous CAYO District, 15 minutes to town & 1.5 hr drive from the city.
• Custom Designed & Professionally Built Wood Home well insulated, 1000 s.f. with 14ft Cathedral ceilings in warm pine, Hardwood Floors & Baywindows throughout c/w recessed lite.
• Master bedroom has A/C, private access to 520 sq.ft rear deck + 124 sq.ft utility area with large garden box,
• Guest room 12'x 12', with view of the beautiful gardens from venting bay window.
• Large Terracotta tiled shower, hot and cold water,
• Private 2 person Jacuzzi (jetted tub) room with Bay window.
• Kitchen with breakfast bar island, gas line for installed cooktop, cabinets in off-white antiqued distressed finish, Venting box-out Herb window looking onto River. Deep pot drawers, amble lower cabinet storage.
• Front entrance easily renovated for Wheelchair access. Front door 38” wide.
• Large rear deck overlooking the Mopan River (644 s.f.). Well protected from flooding however not on steep hill just perfect incline to flat area for homes. River fishing is perfect for all fish lovers, Lobster, Snook, Tilapia and more. Enjoy morning visitors such as Iguanas, large assortment of birds, parrots, toucans...
Wood house completed early 2010.
House 2: Original Concrete home 800 sq.ft., located at the front of the property, with 20'L covered front porch, c/w Electricity (upgraded wiring), Water (new with pump) and Cablevision.
• Currently serves as Garage 20 x 12, Tool Room 9 x 11 & Storage 9 x 11.
• Recently painted in and out.
• 3 pce Lav outdoor cabania c/w separate septic, 1100L Water reservoir tank.
Access to the property driveway is off main gravel road out of sight, .. safe and quiet area.
• Only 15mins drive to great shopping in town of Spanish Lookout a Mennonite community.
• Several fruit bearing trees, enjoy fresh OJ or Grapefruit every morning (ask for list) Many other trees such as Coconut, Mango, Papaya, Mahogany, Dwarf Palms...
• Fully fenced with gates large enough to ride Quad into yard & to the river & carry your canoe etc....
Utilities are very reasonable (sixty five to ninety usd/mo) plus propane. Property taxes are approx. (ten usd/yr).
Included with this sale are appliances Fridge, Cooktop, Large Microwave, Mini outdoor fridge, Outdoor Table & Umbrellas, Large Garden box, some Tools, Patio wood chairs, decorative planters, Portable A/C unit, 2 TV’s, DVD player & a Great Mouser Cat.
Furnishings, Lawnmower, Washer & Dryer, ATV, SUV and more will be negotiated, I suggest make a separate contract therefore reducing sale price so not to pay Property tax on goods not affix.
I kept a complete record of all expenses on building and upgrading ... my asking price of $179500.(usd) is a genuine Fair price, much below replacement, appraised and market value.
NOTE: The new home was built by experienced licensed Local contractors with generations of experience, plus tradesman educated in Canada/States/Europe. Most of the materials used are imported, not commonly used by Belizean contractors, making this home 'unique' in more ways than its beauty.
When comparing properties keep in mind, not all 1 acres of land on the river are equal in desire. e.g. This property has excellent cellphone reception, cablevision & internet. The land is so full of nutrients naturally, making it a gardeners dream (*its known some properties have more of a clay type dirt, or even sandy where nearly nothing will grow) and have bothersome sand-flies, also this is a non flooding location (many may say this but in fact the yard at least in part floods & the house is built on stilts). I spent 2yrs researching before I purchased this land, having lived in 4 areas prior and knowing all too well that not all properties are equal.
To learn about our District: gotocayobelize
Info on our Town: sanignaciotown
Join us on Facebook: Cayo Finds OR Belize Expats OR for the Francophone: Bonjour Belize
*** For more information please send "detailed" message. More pictures are available.
Note: Agent fees not included in the price if you are a Realtor add your fees, and advise me please, if you are the buyer and have a realtor you pay for their services rendered to you.
For Sale by Owner
- View: River
- Listing status: Active
- Available from: Feb 28, 2015
- Listing #: 3466
- Floor: 1 / 1
- Lot size: 1 acre
- Parking: 2 Cars
- Parking type: Garage attached
- Broadband Internet
- Hot water
- TV Cable
- Disabled access
- On the ground floor
- Security system
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with tub
- Bathroom with window
- Ceiling fans
- Fitted kitchen
- Hot tub / spa
- Washing machine
- Wood flooring
- Barbecue area
- Gated entry
Keywords: custom designed & professionally built, riverfront, private, all onsite amenities, easy switch to wheelchair access, several fruit bearing trees, add a pool, large off-ground deck, medical centre nearby, pubs & eateries, property ownership
Latitude / Longitude: 17.152300 / -89.080000
|Nearest public transport||Bus||2 Minutes|